Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Paige

a mystery to me, a lovely smiling face
instead of like a door, slammed shut
knock and knock or knock and leave

what was she inviting, I'd have to be polite
pretend, not to let on I'm mad
how mad I can be, how hungry

appetite is what makes birds fly away
another tree, outskirts of another city

afraid of sling shots or to be caged
what do girls fear

old age, ugly men, monsters, wolves
is she little red riding hood

circle of friends one won't want to leave
what would the neighbors say
my parents say

what would aunts and uncles say
siblings, friend

were I to associate with who
might not fit in comfortably

regular girl, regular world
so much invested in her already
put upon a path

what's expected for what has been
is being expended

unable, not free
to make your own choices
go your own way
follow your own groove

flow to go with, uphill to success
income to earn, place in society
perched upon a pedestal

unable or not free to jump down

what a dream it would be
to be friends with this beauty


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2008
1:01 a.m. 23.07.08

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home