Saturday, September 20, 2008

To Contain Us
for Sonia Williams

get at what's deep down
what's dark and demonic
at what's divine and wine-like

light passes through wine
and all the grapes red or purple

your pussy a plum I could bite into
I could devour slowly

devour me in it, grind me down good
make crystals of my sugar cane

my desire is that there are no barriers between us
just your locks to be knotted up in

cheetahs in a forest, chattering chimpanzees swinging
you and I back in our African Eden

powerful is what, is how you make me feel
and the world, when with you, is once again virgin

you know the waterfalls
how they splash, how they roar over rocks

elements of nature rather than citizens
stuck in society, with passports and addresses

I break free when I see you, with you on my mind

when we make love, if we ever do
how breathless I'd be, you'd be

but what athletes we are
we'll wear each other down like waves on a beach
relentlessly pounding, surging

how submissively though
a wave flows back, after it is spent

want to spent the dollar I am on only you
like a foolish child at a fair
might buy ice cream or just candies
with all he has to spend

nothing left for hot dogs or Popsicle or popcorn

what I'm unable to afford of you
you'd have to give me for free
you'll have to give me freely

giggling woman-girl, how I wish I had you
to hug this instant, I’d rip your clothes off
look at you naked, examine you closely
read your history, listen to the story
your body contains


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2008
3:53 p.m. 20.09.08

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home