Saturday, October 11, 2008

Essence to Get At
of Temader Mustafa

what are you to look at
what of you to look at

what allowed to see on this trip,
in this life

passing by, I look from my balcony
to see and to be fascinating
what could I bear to behold
bare to see

going into or stepping from showering
toweling off, toweling dry

see yourself always, I’d be in a daze
heart thumping, blood pumping

from so far, so near occurring
for hugs and conversation

two languages behind the one
you seem as at home in as I am

journeys you’re able to make in words
around the world, across this globe

what a ball of what is good
what a snow ball

syrup to pump into it
orange, strawberry, grape or lemon-lime
to cool you down in sunny weather

climates you’ve passed through
to see you naked, examine you bare

weigh breasts and hips
along with your intellect

how hot and alive your eye are

what have you invested in happiness,
in snow fall, in snow flakes
in day break, in sun sets


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2008
7:05 p.m. 10.10.08

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Mr....just saw this..thank u...I esp love the ending.
I am flattered that u took ur time..and i hope ur trip worked out good. I am here in sweden..too many snowballs. Take care.

Sunday, November 23, 2008 10:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home