Monday, February 02, 2009

Weigh Light
for Vanessa Linden

i.
not this not that
and the next

the only thing we have
until it runs out is time

what we get from it
what we put in it
is what’s important
is all that matters

not this not that
or the next

ii.
journeying
on the road as well as mentally
as well as otherwise

unable to continue one
able to sustain/
able to advance another

I like to have a book to read
a prayer to pray

always when something’s wrong
or goes wrong

with the tires, the wheels
or with the road

I’m able to advance still

often times
I advance simultaneously
along the roads I’m on

on earth, in mind or spiritually

I always like having/
always must have

a pen to write, a book to read
whether or not there is
a horse or woman or camel
to ride


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2009
6:45 p.m. 31.01.09

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home