Thursday, July 16, 2009

Two Sides of A Skirt
for D.A.

how can I help but let my eyes fall,
eyes follow arms, to hands, to skirt

to the split in it, you close swift
wrestle with, to avoid revealing
bare thighs

was it the intention of darting eyes
is it usually or always

to glimpse what hands try to hide
to beat you to it as it were
get to peep free, a free peek

a pretty woman’s flesh, a patch of it
snatch of it, enough to sweeten,
to spice a life

enough to put in blandness, to eliminate it
like sugar in tea, or honey in tea
or like nutmeg in cream of wheat

no end to collecting inside the senses
what might reverse a sense of isolation
or of exclusion

two sides of a skirt, of her skirt
to close like a curtain

I want to be inside the room with her
when she shuts the world out
to undress, to bare her breasts

address her with kisses, a dress of kisses


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2009
4:12 a.m. 10.07.09

3 Comments:

Anonymous D'anthra said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS POEM. I am so happy that there is a poem that was made for me. This poem reminds me of exactly what guys do. I am on the edge of my seat picturing the steps of this sexual scenario. In my opinion this woman bares her physical self which evokes the gentleman to want to uncover/undress her emotional naked truth(which is underneath). The poem also brings to mind Shakira's song 'Underneath your clothes' where in the chorus it states " underneath your clothes--theres an endless story" which is much the case in this poem.

Thank you Mr Smith.

Friday, July 17, 2009 6:24:00 PM  
Blogger Obie Quiet said...

Oh, D'Anthra, what comfort, what joy and what relief you have brought. I so longed for your response to "Two Sides of A Skirt". It felt risky to have written it. I had been fearing that you'd have called the commissioner of police and reported me for allowing my eyes to rest upon you, fall upon you, go over you like eyes go over a page while reading, or in an even wilder way. You've touched me deeply with this response, D'Anthra. How broadminded you are, how very mature. I'd be happy were you to agree to be my muse for a while - to inspire a handful or two of poems. I'd want them only to be worthy of your brilliance and your beauty.

Friday, July 17, 2009 11:34:00 PM  
Blogger Esquire of the mountain said...

it is such a beauty to always be a silent witness to watch muse and human...wrestle..perhaps in love, perhaps uncertain what to make of one another

Monday, July 27, 2009 6:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home