Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Not All about Me
for R-B. B.

what had happened
once before once again occurring

woman in the men's room
too strong a magnet to resist, drawing her in

what in our culture, its coyness,
its religious conditioning to overcome
to wrestle with, to go against, to undo this

challenge of what is male and what is female
this wall or partition assailed

not so different after all, not as dissimilar
as society suggests with these separate toilets

her appearance suggesting, fuck that/fuck this

he whom I wish to affirm/who affirms me,
why can I not be wherever he is

turned and saw her, was turned on by this
thinking I'd inspired it, I embraced her
as firmly as we do normally but longer

thought that to connect was why she was there

released her to find her not fulfilled
something unaccomplished still on her mind

not because of me had she been bold
she wanted to pee and the ladies was locked

strong spout of her pee made a noise
did she wipe herself before she left

I confusing her desire to pee
with desire for me


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2009
12:19 a.m. 26.08.09

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I have to get back to you on this one. Gina

Tuesday, September 01, 2009 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger Esquire of the mountain said...

ha ha ha..this is hilarous!

Monday, September 07, 2009 4:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home