Friday, October 16, 2009

Over seven Seas
for D.A.

pussy for poetry, a fair exchange

to look at, to smell it, to smell up the place
take it into my teeth to taste

want to carry it into a corner to eat later
when I'm good and ready, good and hungry

in other words, I miss you
what are you up to

school books open, your face buried in them
are they full of oxygen, full of air
or do you need to take a break, take a walk

will it be the beach or the park
will you take the dogs, do you wish me along

I feel like being intimate, I itch for a bit
itch to be near you, to bare you

to buy you mango ice cream
or mangoes and ice cream

what does your sweet mouth crave
what does your sweet tooth ache to have

me with wine
are you of age

candle flames and dinner
or a bonfire in the back yard
over which we could roast a goat
or a huge hog

invite the entire neighbourhood


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2009
10:19 p.m. 16.10.09

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home