Saturday, October 17, 2009

Psalm

were I to get my hands on the plug
running from/running to your Christmas tree

for what you did me, what you've done me
or attempted to or think you have

I'd yank it out, I'd spoil your party, your revelry

you have made me your enemy
expect me to strike or to pull
expect me to push or to shove

you into a bag or back into the dark or into a pit

expect to be plunged in darkness
or into the sea like a crate of kittens

don't expect to survive
you've wronged the wrong one

I am not a baby you've taken candy from
you'll pay several million times over
for what you've relieved me of

how soft I am to warn you
should wait, should make you wait

until hell comes tumbling down
until the bottom falls out and the roof caves in
and the walls fall down

you've wronged the wrong one
expect the worst, expect vengeance

Christmas for you, Good Friday for me no more
expect this to be reversed

the first shall be last, the last shall be first


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2009
1:57 p.m. 17.10.09

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home