Thursday, November 05, 2009

Wuyong
for Jia Zhangke & Bryan Boddy

next best thing to being there
a movie on a movie screen

what rout to take to get to these places
no concern of mine

the roads, plane tickets,
train stations, bus stations

from place to place and I am there

light of these places, the light in my eyes
dim or mute or bright
I’m there, I see, I feel, I hear

next best thing to being there
movies on a movie screen

easy as a switch, a click,
plug to plug in, to shove in
and I’m in business, in Beijing

in whatever place, wherever upon the planet
in deep water or deep in space


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2009
5:39 p.m. 04.11.09

1 Comments:

Anonymous nakia said...

this is great reflection. i was wondering about similar things. about what sort of advantage i have having been to these places. does it really matter if others can see the same thing on a movie screen? does it really matter if others don't care?

Thursday, November 05, 2009 8:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home