Sunday, February 14, 2010

Veil Divided
for D.A.

not even twenty
that hole to climb from
yet we connect
yet we're connected

why this is, how is this
twine wind round
earth going round

somebody spinning it
spinning us

a friendship
into oneness

have done it
continue to

began it when we met
or when I saw her
and my eyes shut
rocked open

there was daylight
she was in it

with hands attempted
attempting to close back
veil divided

light streaming in
what had been
a moment before
a dark room,
my dark room

picture all of a sudden
developing
in a flash
before me

what was I to do
or am I to do

was it a breeze assisting
was it the earth
oscillating still

was it the skirt she purchased
chose to wear
and since, I am helpless
or is she assisting

taken possession
my pen in hand
guides it, it glides
across pages

in a calendar
had a painting, a copy

original made by artist
without arms
brush in a firm grip
in his teeth

with which muscles
in which sweet wet cavity
dipped, dripping

does she hold
the pen I write with
poems she inspires

what does she know
about desire
about such fires
at 18


©Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
2:39 p.m. 13.02.10

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Veil Divided'- the flow is superb and omnipotent- the message true and inspiring the feeling- filling and imaginative. Let the light in. Watch her shine. The 18 year old diamond.

Sunday, February 14, 2010 3:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home