Friday, May 07, 2010

Examination Day
for D.B.A.

i.
she allows you to look
into- in through- inside her

my God, how near she is in this shot
in the mirror, to me, to the camera

she does not fear exposure
shows herself, I see her
I look, I open also, permit her enter

we trade selves, trade shells
able to fit into hers,
she, able to fit into mine

sort of intimacy Peggy and I shared
she and I share

what the divine makes possible
I grab hold of, let take hold of me also

Jesus, what a grip she has
how sweet and how forcefully
she holds me

holy demands she not let me go
let me drop or let me down

I'd drown in air, on land, without her

I have never in my life
needed a woman more

need for her now as strong
as I needed my mother once
as vital as this

who orchestrated
this connection we enjoy

what walls left to move,
what mountains must we,
with faith and faith alone,
cast into the sea

I am in love like I never was
my heart is a ball bouncing

ii.
vertical vulva lips
lips of her mouth
horizontally laid

are those not
close relatives, twins

kisses without number
to plant, to let fall
upon both places

let's face it,
if you cannot, faint or fall out
I promise, I'd finish my chores
in the dark

kiss until you come to
until you come too

iii.
penetrated her with my pen
she's penetrated me

in each other always, ever since
at times so intense
her presence inside
my presence in her

in a minute, in a moment
in a second in time
in a stitch in time

will we ever stop
or pop or get off

iv.
back to pictures of her
to rely upon, to keep me

once pictures of her were all I had
until we opened up, opened out

affair we share, we're in
gained more room

this week and next week
she is writing exams
has finals to face

back to pictures of her
return to pictures to keep me

her pictures the company
I have to keep, almost exclusively

pictures along
with poems I've made,
along with new ones
she makes ooze out

something or other
without end,
oozes out, oozing out

tears or ink from my pen
or when she makes
my cup overflow
my underpants wet

I am always dripping for her
some substance or other

without end, in song

songs I sing
because she makes me

because I happy

v.
oh, Dee! when I overdose
when I am unable
to take any more

all the woman I have
all the woman I need

on my knees, all my days
I have prayed

evidence finally
heaven heard



© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
Written on Wednesday, May 5, 2010
between 10:55 a.m. and 12:07 p.m.

1 Comments:

Anonymous D.A. said...

I have concluded that parts 2, 3 and 5 are my favorites. The three tie so well together actually part 5 which contains:"Oh Dee!" seems to be the climatic point of 2 and 3which is the beginning of the encounter.

Parts 1 and 2 concentrate on the actual picture. It is the translation, No?

Maybe the title should be "Answered Prayer(s)" You might want to rethink the line: "and look what reward" because that doesnt sound very poetic to me.
You might have two seperate poems? What do you think? But some fanastic images as usual.

Friday, May 07, 2010 4:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home