Thursday, July 29, 2010

Am I Being Warned
to Prepare to be Dump
for D.B.A.

if you mess with me you're gonna get hurt
is what it sounds like

so tough and I am soft
as if this were the case
soft ass or soft-hearted

how can she imagine
she can withstand what I cannot

all these years in the trenches
in the cesspit of love

alternating between heaven
and down there
where a heart cracks up
and you at times
crack up along with your heart

what she is pointing out possibly
is that I feel and she does not
I love and she does not

at least not deeply
not in a way that she cannot
at any minute snap out of it

recover from sickness
no need for Bay Geranium
or Cerasee

only she might have what I have
far worse than she imagines


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
2:29 a.m. 28.07.10

1 Comments:

Anonymous d.a. said...

I like this a lot especially the confidence in your last breaths. Robert Frosts says and somehow it sames to tie in: “We dance round in a ring and suppose, While the secret sits in the middle and knows”.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 2:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home