Wednesday, July 28, 2010

In the Food Store
for D.B.A.

poem in der food store, tiefin' minutes
dun get here late, dun out a time

insufficient fur what I come for
double robbery to squeeze a poem in

words to you, squeeze you in
squeeze into your life, you into mine

I let you, you let me
we like each other added
the fullness of it or this

when I make love to you
you're gonnna faint, I told you boldly
after dinner with Olive Senior

you fell back laughing
so deliciously I got an erection

yet you suggested it is or that is
not going to happen
we were making love then

it is with my pen, your pen
that we do it, that we make love

deny it all you like, you know we do
you know you love it as much as I do


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
9:59 p.m. 27.07.10

2 Comments:

Anonymous d.a. said...

Innocent until proving guilty. As Pablo Picasso: "You mustn't always believe what I say. Questions tempt you to tell lies, particularly when there is no answer."

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 2:22:00 AM  
Blogger Obie Quiet said...

I am still so very mystified dba, at you ability to locate so very readily, these oh so appropriate quotations and often times, like now - like this one - by persons I know so very well. I am very grateful for this response. You do not know me, you said last evening and then there is this pull or tension between who you are and who I wish your were or want you to be. I do wish I were able to commit entirely to learning and loving who you actually are. There is in addition though our desire to or ability to fashion those we love, some what, in accordance with our fantasy. At times though all that is created is tension between the real person and the imagined one. Who you actually are though might be even more pleasing to me - more delightful than the fantasy I crave.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 4:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home