Friday, August 20, 2010

With Napkin
Soak A Poem Up
for D.B.A.

to open her
how very opposite
the act and activity
of opening Champagne

cork to force, to coax out
open her with cock
I push, shove, coax

that nothing breaks or rips or shatters
hymen, pane of glass in a window
to remove, to push out

let light in, let lightning strike
the heart, the soul

woman I love, to love
I love to love
I'll love to love
until one world ends
and another begins

what dividing us,
dividing life from life
and light from light,
to remove
or to pass through

remember the frosted
stained glass windows
in St. George’s in Paris

want it to be like this,
like that between us
between us, nothing to separate us

not even a cork in a wine bottle
my cock, deeper than that, than this
by far

descend into the liquor inside her
the liquids inside her
splush out and spill
when she is deeply thrilled

why it is I am after her thus
out to get to know her
in the biblical sense
I am uncertain

know though that on some level
exactly antithetical to having offended me
she has done and does do something to me

for which I must or feel I must retaliate
come what may- come May or the month after

how unrelenting she is and has been
I am unrelenting in response, in return

caught in a culture of an eye for an eye
a tooth for a tooth
equally committed to favor for favor

in the service of love, she and I
equally, mutually dedicated


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
6:55 p.m. 17.08.10

2 Comments:

Anonymous d.a. said...

Oftentimes it seems that in your poems there would be a parallelism to writing the constitution or an ammendment because there's a confident note that you end on when you use affirmative words and shout "yes we can we will" when you say "this will work this is whats best for the country for the world", you would then nod your head in further affirmation and the quill lands and you put the feathered pen down.

In stanza three, line two: I thought "hymn" was intentional now Im thinking it might have been a mistake. But with that I am also realizing that hymen hymn can both work and it does on the two levels if notes fall on the page it seems that a hymn can come down too (in a protective way).

Saturday, August 21, 2010 11:00:00 AM  
Blogger Obie Quiet said...

How very luscious and how delicious this response is dba, my darling. I am so very grateful to you and for you.

Monday, August 23, 2010 2:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home