Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Other Side
of A Smile
for I.D.

enough for that
I never knew-
I never imagined existed

enough to make me
as enormous
as any woman can

that I assure you
was a terrible surprise
a wonderful surprise

to be in bed
calling out your name

to be as enormous as that
is what I marveled at
fascinated by it still

that enterprise, that exercise
and I almost missed the bank

2 banks in town to catch
had to walk to one near by instead

it closed at 3
on the bus, on my way
to the one that closes at 4

memories of you
thoughts of you
of time in bed

divine visitation
enough to make me go there
do that, feel what I did
holler like I did

that you could
impact me like that
I hadn't a clue
I did not know

that you loved me
that I loved you

skinny girl
big pretty eyes

able to happen to me
able to happen through me

phenomenal woman
when did you arrive

upon the doorstep
of adulthood

when did you grow
out of uniform

happy that
your skin fits
happy with the fit of your skin


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2011
3:32 p.m. 03.10.11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home