Saturday, December 29, 2007

Sandwich Us
for T.L.C.

i.
to avoid cracking up,
I clap myself up

a few seconds between each
hard as I can bear

the sting is what I need
what I crave

a couple times a week

ii.
no pictures of the night we met
unable to reference
what she ignited, when

how I’d like to know,
in case an antidote is needed
to the state I’m in

in it already, up to my neck
when it’s over my head
and I’m drowning in it,

I might need rescuing
might need to undo this

might learn to swim in it
to breathe in and out in it
might learn to live in it

antidote though,
in case I need it

antidote in case
I was ever without her,
couldn’t have her as I do

butter for my toast,
to spread between us

stick us together better,
sandwich for lust

no pictures of
the night we met

that night a thin line
between knowing
and not knowing

between who I was
and who I am,
a changed man


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2007
9:11 a.m. 29.12.07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home