Thursday, July 24, 2008

I Jealous Bad
for N.T-B.

what about all the boys
who are crazy about you
as in love with you as I

wanting to touch and to whisper
connect whatever way available

all of them suggesting
something's going on

I am as jealous as if I were your husband
when I am but one of the men
one of the boys, crazy about you
dizzy about you

wanting to sniff you, snort you like coke
to be high for life, forever

I want to drink you like coke
strip a straw of its paper over coat
shove it in

suck until a glass of you
was just the noise remaining
little or nothing left
to suck through straw

eyes all I have to consume you with
I examine you closely

feast for greedy eyes
ravenous eyes over you

I don't like one bit, when in every bite
must bite off, must bite into

some boy’s arm about you
or fingers touching you
or ear you're whispering into

I want boys to keep their distance from you
so I could swallow you whole
without swallowing them too


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2008
11:30 p.m. 23.07.08

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very amazing poetry. I enjoy your work and imagery.

Thursday, July 24, 2008 12:00:00 PM  
Blogger Esquire of the mountain said...

obie..the endings almost leave me laughing...the imagery indeed is stunning..you sucking her in...without suckin in the boy next to her...am bawling over in laughter!

Sunday, August 03, 2008 5:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home