Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Pools Lakes
for Marlon Van de Sande

magical pools, her eyes
to dive in, to die in

blue holes are bottomless
or flow out to sea

icy eyes
I see eyes I could get lost in
I could lose my way in

angles her head just right
for an onlooker to slip into
the deep

fall, even if in love,
would have to kick and kick
to avoid going under,
to avoid going down

leaping tadpoles, small boys
gather round to gape

this old man is as curious
about these pools


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2009
11:26 p.m. 26.05.09

1 Comments:

Anonymous Marlon van de Sande said...

Hi Obediah,

I have just read the poem and I really loved it. It´s wonderfull, you did a great job. Thank you a lot and I will remember it forever.

Lots of love,

Marlon

Thursday, June 18, 2009 7:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home