Thursday, July 30, 2009

Rolling Over In Bed
for N.T-B.

I missin you bad bad bad
how many lovers have you had since I left home

unable to get back
as if the weather was bad, as if the seas were rough

something between us keeps us apart
madly in love still, more madly in love now

absence they say and the heart beats faster

mine's thumping like a drum pumping, like you'd not believe
to reach out to you, reach all the way to our nest of eggs

are they warm, life stirring in them
don't know when I last set eyes on you

I can't wait to lay hands on you,
strip you of all but hair and there
and your skin, the color of ground nut meg

I want to smell you, I haven't in a long time
starving to love you, to have you,
to give you all the gifts your arms, your limbs can hold

without falling apart, without fainting away

unable to wait for us to go astray, to stray away
from the crowd in the room around you
hungry for poetry

hungry for you and me to speak broken English
to holler if we want to


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2009
5:44 a.m. 30.07.09

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home