Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Newspaper with my Picture
for Vanessa Linden

usually she does not let me look, does not let me see

as if merciful, sparing me
avoid intoxicating with unbearable beauty

what is it about opening to look out
baring yourself to be looked at, to be seen inadvertently

cleaning, mop in hand, face moist with effort
behold a woman I’m unable to describe

need to capture a moment energizes
point where water becomes steam

face I see so delicious I’m singing
all I have is song, music all there is
to register emotions like mercury
measures heat or its absence

at her prettiest, eyes bright, face moist,
happy in her heart in spite of drudgery,
having to work

work made worship
something or other resulting in ecstasy
I get to see, to witness

did not hide it, thank goodness
body out of the bath, towel about it

naked as Eve before she knew she was
face as naked as this, emotionally bare
I looking on, she letting me, I in awe


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2009
7:53 p.m. 21.09.09

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home