Sunday, October 18, 2009

Wipe My Wet Brush
for Simone Bridgewater

it is your birthday again my darling
or almost or within minutes

from you were conceived
we have existed the exact number of minutes
of seconds apart, this a constant
you without end keeping pace

however fast ahead I run you'd not be left behind

what I recall and will always is how close we were once
one embrace in public as sweet as intercourse

in public but how private we were
I felt you melt into me like butter on/
all through hot biscuit
we melted simultaneously it seemed

what love I felt, how loved I felt
what place in my life you've had ever since

though friends before, I loved you then, loved you since
will love you ever more

you must be able to penetrate to the core of me
to where beauty is, to where I am unblemished
to hold me like you did, to love me at all

I love you a lot, I always will
do well whatever you're doing
wherever you are

have a happy birthday, darling


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2009
7:56 p.m. 18.10.09

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home