Saturday, November 21, 2009

Stairs Trays Drinks
for Chelsa

i.
what a sweet girl
makes the world a nicer place

desire less to leave
think of this earth as home
with her eyes to look into
when we are wrapped up in embrace
and in another

warm, wonderful moments
you wish would not end
but go on and on

imagine being in bed with her
horizontal us, naked us

it would be Christmas
every day, every night

I’d sign to have her, to keep her

enough for me
to make me and to keep me happy

awake would be like a dream
life would be a fruit tree

full of ripe fruit to pick and pick
and eat and eat

ii.
what if it sucks
verse attempt

worthy or unworthy of her
what I am, who I am, what I write

what if my art and I were all wrong
nothing to her

what though does she celebrate
is she happy about when she sees
little old me

reacts as if I were somebody
treated by so many like no body

humiliated to the dust underneath
the soles of feet

she elevates me, what does she see
think, feel

or what might she have been told
of who I am or of what I’ve done

no one special,
how I am mostly made to feel
I see how she sees me
and I imagine reassessing my worth
what love is it

without end requiring Eros
to feel validated

love that’s charity, that’s sympathy
is but pity to me

want to be desirable, irresistible
want hugs when we meet to mean

we can, with clothes off,
hug in bed as well, roll about

embrace me with and within all four limbs

inside her I could discharge
to thy kingdom come

want this sort of love
to exist between us

want her to be my woman,
me to be her man

paint and putty to purchase
Christmas coming

varnish I’d need too
house to repair, to spruce up

without her at home, living alone
I’d not need to lift a finger

against a spider or to clear away webs
or to tear them down

wish I had her to inspire me
and to motivate the man in me
eager to do for a woman

how extra special she is


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2009
Written between 8:45 p.m. Friday,
November, 20 and 1:05a.m.,
Saturday, November 21, 2009

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home