Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Nylon Lines
for T.L.C.

how do I make up for what was so carelessly lost
for what you lifted not a finger to save

you do not cherish my words, our words
you know how much they will be worth in time

or are you unaware of what we are weaving
what you let go down the drain last evening
is unforgivable

I thought you could be relied upon
thought computers and how they function, your area

our words lost and you nor I, you said,
could do anything about it

and you so nonchalant
words lost included my critique of your work
all my effort and passion and it did not seem to matter

I've seen you enthusiastic, quick
about other things, at other times, not about this

all our tenderness shared today
all the love I felt and put into words
how polite we were, how emotionally bare

that it did not matter to you
when it mattered so much to me, bothered me,
bothers me

as sluggish as a dolt, as one semiliterate,
semi-retarded
had me thinking such a one
was who I was dealing with

one minute or for several
yesterday for several hours, on the same page
until we were not, until we are as apart
as one who reads and one who doesn't

though we have to both be literate
because all our contact is via words, all scribal

I've had so few minutes of conversation with you
though we've spent several weeks of nights on line
chatting, cussing, fussing, writing poems

breaking up, making up

little one I hate and love
you have no idea of erections I get
in response to you, your work, your words

your hanging on to me at time as if for life
I'd feel vital, needed, loved

get excited too when I am forgiven
after having wronged you
forgiveness that's divine

you teach me to be patient, to be tender
teach me to love you

more than where your legs V where they meet

love your legs and arms as well
love your head, your hips, your hands, your neck
fingers, toes, lips, nose, tongue, your pussy tongue
saliva, vaginal juices

unable to put feces, menstrual blood in a love poem
I'll add your liver, lungs, your intestines, large and small
arteries, veins, bones and bone marrow

and what of what of you that is not physical
thoughts, personality, soul

what's for me to love and what's for God
or do we come together because he's love
and he is where love is and with who's loving
and with who is a loving person

hair upon your head, upon your body, I love too
I love your breasts, I love your nipples
I love your navel where you were until not long ago
to your mother joined

you are joined to me now by lines of poetry
like lines which join a fisherman to a fish


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
3:20 a.m. 05.01.10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home