Saturday, January 02, 2010

Left upon a Page
for Arianne Etuk

I believe in what she worships
want to worship that same God

wonder if she'd lead me to him
to what it is she has faith in

dripping wet with God she serves
I too long to be baptized
want to know what I am missing

I’d make a fool of myself similarly
gamble for the worth she’s filled with

to have a cup or mug of it,
saucer full for breakfast, one for supper

her to sip on now and then
well of what is springing, saves a nation

I could have been a Catholic priest
she could have been a nun
instead we're in this world

know a priest who was, like a fish,
thrown back into the water
like grunt, like big eye John

we're in the water swimming
like swans, she glides
though underwater paddling, no one sees

glides through life, entered mine
ripples widen out in all directions

it tickles, it is my blood she's in
arteries and veins, rivers she traverses

turn to look at the wind pull a sail boat
with what grace she comes, she goes

want to be carried away, to be carried along
no way, with the wind in my sails, can I go wrong


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2009
1:35 a.m. 30.12.09

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home