Sunday, December 13, 2009


In A Photograph
for D.B.A.

what a moment to have arrived at
to have entered, to be contained in

so this is joy in a jar, genie in a bottle
rub it, would you exit, enter my world

wish the world was like this
wish I were able- wish we were able
to keep things like this

this is what pretty is
this is the taste of honey
the nectar bees collect

what set of notes is this
what divine composition

you are like music selected
by Horowitz to play in Russia
when he returned after 60 years

Scarlatti Sonata in E, K.135,
these notes upon piano

girl like you must have inspired
Beethoven's Für Elise

what will I call this song I've sung
this song of songs

bananaquit in banana tree
quetzal with long tail

I could put a kite up
let it out, let it fly

I could write your name upon it
hoist it high in the sky


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2009
3:20 p.m. 08.12.09

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home