Saturday, December 05, 2009

27
for C.C.

long winded certainly not intended
went around the bend, came back again

remember riding with her to our workshop
thinking her intelligent as well as modest

woman with a Masters Degree in Banking
wanting to get out to be a writer, a teacher

remember her articulate remarks
comments contributed in our seminars

remember our two bookmaking sessions
what she wore

permitted me to see her anatomy,
how it was made, her exact configuration

remember her flat-footed steps, her seriousness

how absorbed she was in sewing
in bookmaking, how distant she seemed

remember deciding that it did not matter
if her passions were elsewhere, away from me

physically not my type, not my cup of tea
so what if she were not out poured for me
easy enough to live without

find myself wondering

if I pushed her from my mind too easily


I want to reassess her, weigh her
invite her to try on slippers, try on rings

ring of her vagina to try on, try out for size
I’d want it to hurt, I’d want her to cry out


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2009
5:45 a.m. 04.12.09

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home