Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Fruit Basket
for D.A.

great big juicy custard apples
our neighbor use to grow

since I can't have you
I can use one of them now
even at this late hour

to bury my face in, soil hands, clothes
everything, everywhere

desire to convey to you
how mad I am about you

how wild I long to get
I could get, were you available
if you were near

girl, I could rip and toss and fling
until you were bare

covered in no more than hair,
here and there

grass before the door
to close it or to attempt to

what is hair there for

there are those who think it's elegant
to leave hair growing
upon the head alone
every other strand remove

I want you the way nature wants you

you should see my shoes
burs up, burs open or bursting open
I need a new pair


unlike a relative I know, a relative of mine
who has so many pairs of shoes
she's nick named herself as if to brag of it

I have just one, one that's on the way out
I want you to weigh in
I want us to wrestle


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2009
1:33 a.m. 07.12.09

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home