Friday, May 07, 2010

Time Out
for D.B.A.

how sore my butt is still
from yesterday

both buns, bones too near
on the edge of my seat for hours
right up against ecstasy

sustaining erection until I came
not entirely satisfied, did it again

all along wondering
was I able to afford
all this time out of the project of life

out of what daily
has to be accomplished, accumulated

even this though, time out,
part of the project of life,
the project that's life

raising funds to get to Cuba
XV Annual Havana Poetry Festival
and I virtually took a day off
doing that, missing her

saddled with exams to write
not knowing when
we'd have again connected

turned to, turned upon pictures
pictures turned upon me, aroused me

ripe to be aroused, overdue for arousal
aroused for hours
until release, until released

what unrelenting grip she has upon me
how transformed my life is
not the same since we met

hadn't a clue that, at 18
she could be so merciless
where love is concerned

what if I were in her clutches, actually
what of opportunity
to be bare in bed together, frolicking
after frolicking, fucking


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
5:40 p.m. 06.05.10

1 Comments:

Anonymous D.A. said...

love when you rhyme and the words seem to jump on each other working back in back since its not hand in hand taking turns riding along for the ride why? your lines are so smooth I remember the coffee at starbucks hot these poems can be hot stuff you said you wouldnt say fuck if you didnt have to but I can tell you just had to i did too i like it you good at doing what you do keep doing it.

Friday, May 07, 2010 4:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home