Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Vanilla Yogurt
for D.B.A.

Girl, one poem
in one new Milo Butler book
I'een even pay for yet

wha’ yur say
I tell you I was comin’ here

got here safe
come one way
as usual, going back another way

jus put back vanilla yogurt
an’ replace it with guava
how vee so sweet mout'

girl I'een hear from you fur ages
how else I gur locate myself
if I don' hear from you
if I don' kno' where you is
where you are

tanks for responses on facebook
and to poems on my blog
how divine you is, you are

one song comin' on
speakers in the high ceiling overhead

when I get home
I gur sen' it to you from YouTube

Isaac Hayes, "By the Time I get to Phoenix"
this I used to love
though I've grown rather far away
from Hayes, from his kind of art

you know where my heart is
where my soul's at

we are the art which I love best
you and me, yours and mine


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
10:05 p.m. 08.06.10

1 Comments:

Anonymous D.A. said...

Indeed. I am in agreement.

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 10:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home