Thursday, September 16, 2010

Corn Flakes
for D.B.A.

in a few seconds
or in a few minutes
she said she'd be here

not at all enough time
to break down my house
and build a new one

not enough time
to be conceived
and to be born again

time enough only
to wash my face
to comb my hair

scrub my toilet bowl
pull off the racks and put away
towels, used, dirty
some just rags

I'd not want her eyes to fall on
nor would I want
to fill her eyes with


as for me, I clothe myself
in fresh poetry
fresh silk suits

like I was a silk worm
cocooned in these

until I am released
until it is time to be born

these silk suits to mask
what I wish not seen
what I wish no one to see

things I am ashamed of


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
4:14 p.m. 15.09.10

2 Comments:

Anonymous d.a. said...

the places you'd put your poems. you really are going green, coupled with your growing brown.
the places where you'd put me,on a box, in your bowl then you'd serve me with bananas and nuts to the world.

Thursday, September 16, 2010 8:31:00 PM  
Blogger aromaproductions said...

Hi Obi,

At least you had poems to wear and I am sure they made you look so handsome that nothing else was noticed.

Althea Romeo-Mark

Friday, September 17, 2010 7:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home