Friday, November 12, 2010

Our Kite in the Sky
for D.B.A.

i.
you have changed my life
so why can’t I change yours

along with your diaper
along with your bed sheets
your bed spread
along with your pillow cases

or am I chasing clouds
chasing the wind

my kite, no longer upon its string
I running, not with it
but away from it,
going down swiftly
in the direction opposite

ii.
why do you resist life
as if you wanted to
or thought you could
prevent it happening
even the good times

iii.
who or what able to separate us
after the force that has brought us
that has put us together

good times or bad times
hard times or when times are easy
however high ups
or however low downs

in danger or as safe as ever
broke or when we are rolled
or are rolling in dough

whatever visited or visits us
would find us together

some cement, glue,
some merriment against blues

together whatever held us up
or held us down
tied us up or tied us down
lifted up together
elevated together

is this your daughter, niece, friend
one curious woman/friend of mine
enquiring

oh, she’s your wife, another curious,
outrageous woman concluded

do not know
what she is or what she’s not,
what we are or what we’re not

know happiness that I’ve never known
like I’ve never known in all my life

in this relationship we dedicate to God
and wish will never end


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
Written between 6:55 a.m. & 1:07 p.m.
on Friday, November 12, 2010

2 Comments:

Anonymous D'anthra said...

there is certainly a light and magical air about and throughout this poem

Friday, November 12, 2010 10:13:00 PM  
Blogger Obie Quiet said...

Dee, thank you for this acknowledgment and for affirmation. I do not know why I am feeling so horribly sorry for myself. I am certain that it is but momentary. I shall have to quickly find the key to happiness, the key out of this room of unhappiness. I did need to know that you were near, that you are doing fine or that you are very very well indeed. Thanks for connecting, my darling. Thanks for reading and making/and leaving what is a wonderful wonderful comment.

Friday, November 12, 2010 10:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home