Sunday, January 02, 2011

Life Left
for D.B.A.

"Terms of Endearment," watched it again
beginning to end, all very closely

except for a brief passage
I sat out, sat at the computer
something I had to say to Dee

film just concluded, sadly, wonderfully
like real life

amazing the two small sons
their acting ability - movie stars already

after this I thought/I think I'll watch
"The Missouri Breaks," with Jack Nicholson
with Marlon Brando

Oh, boy! what I've been wanting to watch
for some days now, is "Iron Weed"
with Jack Nicholson, Meryl Streep
and Tom Waits

Dee, I hope, will see that also, see it soon

invested in seeing "Terms of Endearment"
a second time because, yesterday,
online, Dee located it and watched it

I dont oppose of your loving me.
My life hasn't been the same.
Everybody knows about our attachment,
you shuda bin my twin.
I know not why you doubt us.

e-mailed me this message
on Monday, July 12, from Nassau,
at 9:46 p.m. I was in Medellin, Colombia

it was raining outside
while I sat at the computer,
reading it, in that room on the 3rd floor
of the Grand Hotel,
where all the poets visiting, lived

idea of twinning- of being twins
comes to mind again
something heaven ordained

our becoming one
whether or not we marry,
have intercourse, have babies
we grow together - grow into each other

my best friend is just 19
this I never expected, never anticipated
though with all my heart, I accept it

what a beautiful state of affairs
how starry the sky is, how clear the night

this is the first night of the year
of the rest of her life and of mine


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2011
3:13 a.m. 02.01.11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home