Saturday, January 07, 2012

Peaches & Pears in a Can
for Willem F. Harding

no no no, not X, but Y, but why
but my girlfriend

we were engaged to be married

we still are
how do you reverse that in a week

what if she has left me with cream

to smear onto the head of my penis

an itch, however severe,

can be corrected

what cream is there to smear

onto- rub into the wound
when a heart breaks
when there is a broken heart

what of when

there are two broken hearts

blood pouring from them

in all the wrong places

want her back again

want her back to me

front and back

this way and that

on top of me

on top of her

in intercourse

in love
in Mexico City

Mexican woman

Bahamian man

peaches and pears in a can

to open, to add cream to
the syrup they're in

we used to be so fresh once

exist now only to reflect upon


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2012

8:45 a.m. 06.01.12

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home