Monday, December 17, 2007


Splashing Through Kemp Road
for Janet Donnelly

I want the sweet look of rainfall
to savor, must open my blinds

feast for my senses
relaxes and excites me
in one same stream

delicious what is paradox

wet street, sound rain makes
like a Jazz drummer’s sticks

their tips, landing upon that,
upon this
each, a sharp, quick note

Stravinsky composition when it rains
with wind blowing too,
blowing through

falling-rain-and-blowing-wind music

wet street, late night, traffic light
in wet street reflected, as it changes

two minutes to two,
but a few cars passing

I like the stillness of this time of night,
the sound the cars passing, splashing,
make


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2007
2 a.m. 17.12.07

1 Comments:

Blogger Shorty said...

After growing up in the area, an area deemed unfit for the civil you share the beauty of what I already knew.
Thank you

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 1:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home