Monday, December 17, 2007

Speak of A Race
for T.L.C.

what it is I’m determined to convey

the beauty you have,
how beautiful you are,
cannot be improved upon

however much the mainstream
excludes you, discriminates against you
you are as beautiful as beauty is,
as beauty gets

talk about being unable to breathe,
it was I who was breathless to behold you,
breathless as was all the audience,
while you read

for you to suggest that you are lacking
or missing something or doubting something

missing someone, bothered by being rejected
by someone

is such a contradiction, is so paradoxical
when, cookies that you are, I can eat a pack of
every afternoon, until I passed away

I would then, most certainly, be able to die,
after having lived a life of happy days

package you, bottle you
distribute you about the world
secular communion or for a new religion

I’d be priest gladly, in such a church


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2007
11:28 p.m. 17.12.07

2 Comments:

Blogger Shorty said...

"however much the mainstream
excludes you, discriminates against you
you are as beautiful as beauty is,
as beauty gets"
My life in a stanza...well maybe the first few lines. This poem was inspirational and flattering.
I love the ending more than any you've written bout T.L.C thus far. So unexpected, but well received.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 1:28:00 AM  
Blogger Obie Quiet said...

I am so very grateful for your feedback, for your appreciation, tlc.

How very thrilling when communication is complete; when one addresses who is addressable; when what is written, is read, comprehended and responded to.

I am usually thirsting, starving for the completion of this holy dynamic, for this wholeness.

Please see Gilbert Morris' preface to my own, On The Hinges Of This Town and/or Martin Buber's I and Thou.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 7:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home