Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Electric Trick
for T.L.C.

like that butcher
in Fiddler On The Roof
I can end with a broken heart

whatever the outcome though,
though I am as old as your dad,
I’ll ask for your hand

about time I had a warm roast
beside me in bed

about time we were side by side
beneath sheets, like toast,
while we’re still warm


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2008
9:04 p.m. 01.01.08


Love Bird Cages
for T.L.C.

all in December, remember,
my poems of her

what if I knew them all by heart
I would, with enthusiasm,
recite them all around the globe

too lazy or unable to
hold poems in my head
with a pen in my hand

I want her in my arms
I want to arm myself with her
like an Indian would
with arrows for his bow

Cupid has sent an arrow
through my stupid heart


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2008
8:48 a.m. 01.01.08

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home