Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Thought Flowers

I certainly miss how nice you are
how pretty you are up close

saw you from a distance today

upstairs in my house, you across the street
just before you got into your car

and I was thrilled, stirred by your beauty
by the quiet of your body language, its music

notes, chords of peace, of tranquility

always wondered about your quietude
about what seems like deep meditation

like a brook, like a big books, called Sparkles
I’d love to read, I long to read

though another man, his children and yours,
reading you already

reading from afar off, must for me suffice

bread-brown woman, I yearn for a slice
or to turn a few pages

I must instead check a book out of the library
to read all of, to read straight through


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2008
11:51 p.m. 20.05.08

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home