Monday, July 28, 2008

Symbols Collect
for Nickiesha Clarke

of truth afraid
fear I'd expose
what you expose me to

were you to open
or let me open your lap top

your lid open
wild upon keyboard
bring up on screen
forbidden images

use your mouse, run about
in and out of every crevice

mouse across piano keys
to serenade you

flowers on a rainy day
to brighten it, to uplift spirits

unlike Marlon Brando
“The Fugitive Kind”
I’m polite, kind

except when I'm cross
when I'm crossed
or double crossed

when I'm given sweets, delicious treats
when these are withdrawn
I can sulk then
complain, pout

you're not the kind of girl
nice one day, nasty the next
necking one day, next day
neck in a noose

must sing your song
hymn your praises
must worship you

even if already, I have religion, deity
the Holy Trinity


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2008
1:21 a.m. 24.07.08

1 Comments:

Blogger Esquire of the mountain said...

again those last two or three verses...how classic the ending! oh i tell you, classic indeed!

Sunday, August 03, 2008 5:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home