Friday, August 01, 2008

Ice Eyes

i. Ayla

call it carried away
say the time was right

say I was inspired
by her dad's women
released from wood

compared with her
breathing, lovely, innocent
as well as aware

in love already
with another poet
a boy I know

history needed such an act added
we were available
to weave such an instant
which cannot be undone

like hair is, when evening comes

undone and down the back of a woman

in her night shift, outfit for bed

and sleep and dreams


ii.
she is not that pretty
and her skin is pale

putty-like, putty-white

chin up
behaves as if she were lovely
many suitors in pursuit

for years
in the country she's here from
she studied ballet

first time I saw her
entering On The Run one evening
I was sitting and writing or reading

air I could not tell
from what or from where

I remember feeling
the suggestion was
she was attractive

though she acted attractive
I didn't think she was


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2008
10:44 p.m. 31.07.08

1 Comments:

Blogger Esquire of the mountain said...

slices right through her veil of feigned attractiveness, how funny i found this one!

Sunday, August 03, 2008 5:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home