Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Enjoyable Still
for N.T-B.

brown girl
a man's wife

what could I do
I got the flu
as in love

as if ill
no doctor to turn to

a doctor's wife
turn to him
he might turn me
into an insect
or a frog with warts
croaking upon a log

she alone to turn to
for medicine for love

heart as swiftly beating
as a galloping horse

running towards her
or running away

am I coming or going
going or coming

heart at times
like hooves of horses

at other times
like wings of birds, fluttering

she inspires transformation
transportation, translation

I get carried away
tongue tied
in spite of verse

though I give it voice
I'm all shook up

milk shake with eggs


I'd need such a punch

were I to met her

Zeus, in the form of a swan
and Leda

meeting, mating

in mid-air

what I'd accomplish
before letting her drop

with a splash
into the river

from which I'd have
fished her up


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2009
9:28 p.m. 22.03.09

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home