Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Gee Whiz
for Chelsa

here and there
out and about together

how fierce I wonder
would be the contest

would I be able to sustain us
to keep her for myself

this one, that one
snatching at us, at her

wanting all or wanting piece
to shove in their faces
to shove their faces in

where would I
have to put her to keep her

I'd need a jewelry box
or a case like the one
I keep my glasses in
to keep her in, to keep her safe

how careful I am
how careful I've been
about having little or nothing to lose

avoiding being vulnerable
to avoid being hurt

things which/those who
mean the most to me
I keep in poems, hide in poems

safe from those
who won't crack open a book

timid of those who'd crack heads
woman I love

would try to or want to

timid of opposition, avoid contest

and lose out, miss out
on so much love, on so much life


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2009
8:25 p.m. 25.03.09

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home