Saturday, March 28, 2009

Possibilities Popop
for D'Andra Wilson

until the children, elated,
were bored or exhausted

where was your little sister though
why had she not collapsed, spent

it seems she was still being stimulated
or was she with the Williams, whom she knows

was she at home
the two other children
outside our circle, outside of art appreciation
after a little while involved

how involved we were
why we were, that we were
more than I bargained for
expected or anticipated

a million years apart, age-wise
yet like two friends, like old friends

a poet and a Chemical engineering student
home from Canada's cold weather, cold fingers

how you're able to stand it, I know not, I couldn't
there for a week or so, I thought I'd freeze

though the white white snow and the cold cold cold
with the sun out, shining, was beautiful
I knew I was far from home

brave soldier, little girl still
though not as little as your little sister

how keenly intelligent you both seem
what a loyal friend you have

her two young relatives, in spite of being spent
in spite of just hanging on,
wanting our conversation to be over,
were quite lovely, quite delightful also

what would the evening have been
without everybody in the party
without everybody's contribution

how deeply we entered each other, you and I


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2008
2:15 a.m. 11.05.08

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home