Sunday, November 08, 2009

Always As Happy As Hell To See Her
of Deanka Saunders

still unable to get her e-mail address
she has one now

now nearer to something,
nearer her, nearer home, nearer together or are we

I have her last name also now
but not her e-mail address

she was abrupt about it, about the fact
that her computer’s down

it will be down indefinitely, she told me
pointless providing me her address

she’d be unable to get at it, at anything I might provide

showed her my two new books with pretty covers
with their nice jackets

told her my poems of her will eventually be in books like these

she laughed then
more emotional than I’d ever seen her

used to her being sedate, so concentrated
upon cashing, collecting, giving change


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2009
12:10 a.m. 08.11.09

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home