Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Dream Girl
for D.B.A.

i.
joy like agony
you merciless
I holler loud
I think of you
unbearable joy

don't know what to do
about or what to do with you

what you do with me, to me
do not know how
you do what you do

you'd do it good
you'd do it bad

I got it good
I got it bad
is that good

ii
try again to tell you
language to confess in

want to tell and not tell
say to you directly
what yur do, what yur mean

it een easy
ta jus open yur mout', yur heart
ta say it, ta tell it, to confess

yur gat me on yur line, like fish

it gur be so sweet ta be in yur pot
in your stew, in your belly

oh, my God
gotten into you the wrong way
way down the wrong passage

my conch is what
I should have given you

imagined into being
you know conch een ge' no bone

is bone, my dog
what you have a collar for

what you callin' for

what you holler for


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
11:15 p.m. 22.02.10

1 Comments:

Anonymous D.A. said...

Repetition. Rhythm. Rhyme. A comical creation. It is different but equally as dexterous as other pieces.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 7:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home