Monday, March 22, 2010

Wheels Over Our Apples
for D.B.A.

shatter
shudder
shoulda

shatter us, did she
shudder to think of
such effortless power
shoulda act differently possibly

whenever she showed up
I'd allow her to break the spell

cast another like a net
over helpless me
like a blanket
over her and me in winter

shatter
shudder
should have clung
to the vessel I was on

instead I allowed it to capsize
allowed her to upset our apple cart

apples all over the place rolling
others in carriages, in buggies

mule drawn, by horses drawn
wheels over our apples
across the street rolling

rolling along the sidewalk
and heavy feet, in boots, in shoes
mash them, crush them, squash them

shatter
shudder
shoulda made a different turn
not look and not listen

she turned my head
she had my attention
and got it again

heart of mine, beating just for her
never her intention to have me
all to herself, all for herself
all by herself

more than she knows
what to do with

what of me would she
want to do away with

what of me has she no use for


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
9:55 p.m. 21.03.10

1 Comments:

Anonymous D.A. said...

A whole heart to shatter. To pick up the pieces and paste them back together. 'To hurt you', I shudder at the mere thought.

Monday, March 22, 2010 10:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home