Saturday, April 03, 2010

Things for Easter
for D.B.A.

I in der food store tinkin' bout you
girl dey gur close soon so I caan talk long

I love you, Dee, time enough to say dat
before signing off

shopping for oranges
wish when I returned home
you'd have been there

I'd have delighted in returning with
something or other delicious
for you to feast on or suck up or suck on
or sup on

dumb friend of mine, out of no where appearing
only noise he can make
tapped me roughly upon left shoulder
I know he wants me to tip him
even if for nothing
even if just for knowing him
even if just for being
and for loving him


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
9:44 p.m. 03.04.10

2 Comments:

Anonymous D.A. said...

I always like when you revert to dialect. Its not you. But quite entertaining.

You share poems with me and oranges and tips for poetry writing, food; patties but do you share tips with friends who probably need it more than I do.
Do you share the attention, your pention?

Or maybe they dont want it, anything from you, remain recalcitrant when they should accept sense and experience being so greatly deprived.

Sunday, April 04, 2010 1:43:00 AM  
Blogger Obie Quiet said...

What happens between you and me you inspire. At least you cause these creations, ideas, between us, to come into the world, to come into being. Whoever these persons are and not involved and not engaged for whatever reason, can, if they are interested or not entirely unfortunate, can always get these things you inspire me to make, second hand. I don't know about foods though. Nothing though is ever wasted. Even from feces there will come flowers. They can sniff those. Are you complaining again though about too much devotion. Am I overwhelming you? Might I merely be returning a favor though? You are overwhelming and I want to be so I am not complaining. Unlike you though, I am not very good at focusing love like this upon a number of persons at once. You are all the world to me but a number of persons it seems are all the world to you.

Sunday, April 04, 2010 4:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home