Wednesday, August 04, 2010

When Honey Comes Home
for D.B.A.

God almighty, how thick and substantive
what she put on my plate

what she, this day, out poured in my glass
if it is my ass you want
or all the rest of me,
have it

she wanted me to be intoxicated
after days of thin air and too thin life
so thin I feared- I thought I'd have suffocated

got through those days without her and wondered how
and complained without end
within verse and without

I was grasping at straws, I was gasping for breath
I was groping at what was not there
until today- and then today

my God, how substantive she was
what a woman she was
all the woman in the world

how is it that she knows how well she can satisfy
fill my cup to the brim, so much to swallow
I choke, impatient to replenish what was lost

to have back who I thought was lost
whom I thought I had lost
thought she'd given me up

had done that before
when I thought we had broken up
had broken off

how strong she can come on,
my God, she is like weather

strength with which she is able to blow
how high the temperature is able to go
or how low

Jesus, her ability to come on
to turn off and to turn on, astounding to me

able to give me life, able to just about kill me
and I let her twist me, ring me like dish rag
until I drip dry

she can, with this same rag
soak up pussy juices
soak with pussy juices

woman enough to make my heart race
to make it difficult to breathe

asked her to take constant care of me
asked her to keep me constantly
immensely happy

I should, I could, she said, but I won't
what amazes me is that she knows that she's able
why she won't is another story

God, the suffering in between
her show of love for me and showing again
that she does

oh to be able to live in the times in between
I thought I'd have died yesterday

she always comes
with mouth to mouth resuscitation
just before I expire and before we do

there is an us to keep alive
like a few gold fish in a bowl
she feeds and I feed

gold fish are fat today and my dick
is hard and long and conch sloppy


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
6:58 p.m. 02.08.10

2 Comments:

Anonymous d.a. said...

Have I already undergone consecration? You most certainly are giving thanks to the Almighty for what has and still is occuring. I thank him too.

Thursday, August 05, 2010 6:56:00 PM  
Blogger Esquire of the mountain said...

Mr OMS....amazing as always..been a while since i visited these pages...been wrestling with the leviathan monster of being a business owner but i am glad that you still churn out those amazing endings...like ever wet conch salads..or perhaps coconut...or other juices you know of!

Sunday, August 08, 2010 8:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home