Saturday, October 30, 2010

I Wanted To Be Ready
for A.W.

how did she do what she did
why did she do what she did
how do I get her to do it again

that moment, that incident
still to unravel

what did I say, what was it
that made her leap upon me almost
I wasn't even ready

like someone jumping
without waiting for you to say, "Jump!"

for you to prepare yourself,
your arms
to be certain you do not drop
who trusted you enough
to leap into your arms

my arms were not even open
I was holding something else
someone else

she lept anyway, as if to say
you should have been ready

at any moment
an angel can fall out of heaven
into your life


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
8:29 p.m. 29.10.10

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is Annee!
I like this poem Obediah:)
and i understand it as well lol...i am a random soul indeed, and the way we met was quite intriguing!

Saturday, October 30, 2010 3:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home