Friday, November 26, 2010

In Opposition In Battle
Whatever You Can Throw
for D.B.A.

i.
fighting for her, for who
fights against me
for who undermines me

fighting for who is not on my side

ii.
I am not in love anymore
I am cured of that
that is over and done with

all the pints of blood
I gave everyday, largely ignored

given away- giving away
what is left of the rest of life
for nothing at all
attempting to make significant
who isn't at all

desire to bring about in her
some cultural shift, a shift in emphasis
instead resulting
in a shift in- in a shift of my own

need to get back on track
regain forward momentum
even if alone, even if on my own

I've always had my pen in hand
to rely upon - this fist, this affair

what need have we of her
intruding, interrupting
woman from backwoods

with a store in her house
with her house in a store


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
Written between 11:30 p.m.
Thursday, November 25 & 12:33 p.m.
Friday, November 26, 2010

2 Comments:

Anonymous The PTB said...

You seem, very bitter did your girlfriend leave you?

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 11:36:00 PM  
Blogger Obie Quiet said...

Are you inquiring about this moment of creativity or are you inquiring about my personal life? Is this therefore a literary comment or inquiry of a friend? Though PTB seems familiar, it is still to have chosen anonymity. You get to be anonymous and I'm being invited to further bare me heart? The narrator need not be the author at all, is my response. Everything included is but an attempt to make literature. Love you. Thank you, PTB.

Wednesday, December 01, 2010 12:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home