Sunday, August 05, 2012

A Little Book
of Love Poems

for D.B.A.

I want you to have me
you can keep me
I've made up my mind

not a kitten or puppy-
not a pet you'd have to name
I have a name

oh, but how I do enjoy
all your terms of endearment

you can have me, you can keep me
I want to be in your life- in your arms

I cannot imagine anyone on earth
being able to love me better
or able to love me as much

cannot imagine anyone
able to love me more
so take me and keep me, I'm yours

I suppose you always knew
it would have come to this

you loved me all along
with so much passion
with so much faith

I certainly never knew love
like this before
and I do not want ever again
to have to live without it
or to have to live without you


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2012
4:32 p.m. 04.08.12

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home